Friday, November 4, 2016

Notes and Updates...Again

Wow, have I seriously managed only one blog post since October 1?

First of all, I want to sincerely apologize for the lack of production recently at OnTheLineXC. I haven't done as much as I've wanted to do, mainly because I've been busy with schoolwork and college applications, both of which take priority over the blog, as they should.

In terms of what has gone on since the last post, our team ran a tri-meet (against Caravel Academy and St. Elizabeth High School) at Lums Pond last Wednesday, October 26. While it was not technically a home meet for us, it was great to have an opportunity to run at a course we had already been to earlier in the season to compare our times and see how much we have improved as a team. I had been waiting to write a race review in case any pictures from the meet became available on social media, but I have not found any yet. With that, I'll go ahead and post the full results and give a short summary here.

Joshua ('19) just missed out on the win, finishing second to Caravel's Jacob Puharic, three seconds behind. Noah ('17) ended up third, while I placed fifth. I was aiming for a sub-20, so to miss out on that by five seconds is a bit disappointing. Still, ending up in P5 in a tri-meet we won easily is hard to be unhappy with. On the Girls' side, Hannah ('21) and Mae ('20) finished second and third respectively, while Red Lion as a team placed six girls in the top ten.


Full results from the tri-meet.
(Photo: Nikki Pizzulli/Paul Shirley)
Tomorrow, we travel to Winterthur for a county-wide meet in preparation for State Championships one week later. I will try to get results and a race review up for both meets as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Benjamin Schneider

No comments:

Post a Comment