Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Howard M. Laws Summer Cross Country 5K Series: Race 3 (Review)

Joshua Deitrich (pictured in 2014)
led the way for the TOCS, albeit with
a slower pace than he ran in Race 1.
(Photo: TOCS Facebook)
EDITOR'S NOTE: I apologize for the delay and brevity of this post. Due to time constraints, I was unable to write a preview and was also unable to get an official copy of the results before we left, but I will do my best to fill you all in on the race.


The third Laws 5K race was held yesterday evening, with Joshua Deitrich ('19), Benjamin Schneider ('17), Spencer Armstrong ('19), and Brandan Leauby ('18) competing in the male HS division. Joshua's father, Bryan Deitrich, returned to participate in the open division. J. Deitrich returned from injury to claim the fastest time of the race among TOCS runners. The heat and humidity, however, provided tough conditions once again for the entire field of runners; Leauby commented, "I'm not sure anyone met their goal today."

Schneider (via Instagram): "Very disappointing race today. Really wasn't expecting the heat to affect me this much. Maybe something else was slowing me down; I don't know. Congrats to Josh, Brandan, and [Spencer] on their finishes as well."

No comments:

Post a Comment